The Real Estate Institute of Queensland (REIQ) proudly recognises the enormous value women bring as leaders and decision-makers
in a range of fields within our industry and to those agencies which actively encourage and support women starting out in or returning
to the workforce as well as moving forward with their careers.
As part of International Women’s Day, the REIQ is excited to welcome back one of its premier signature events in 2021 – Women in
Real Estate. Served up against the backdrop of a gourmet champagne breakfast, this year we welcome the most successful female
surfer in the sport’s history and 7-time world champion Layne Beachley AO* as keynote speaker.
With REIQ Platinum Corporate Partner realestate.com.au as this year’s principal sponsor, this is one event you don’t want to miss!
Of course, men are more than welcome to also attend.
|Layne Beachley AO
Layne is regarded as the most successful female surfer in history. Her dedication to
success saw her as the only surfer, male or female, to claim six consecutive world
titles between 1998 and 2003. Layne went on to win a 7th world title in 2006 before
retiring from the World Tour in 2008. Her no BS leadership style blazed a trail for
equality at the beach, on the waves and in the boardroom.
Layne now spends her time as a motivational keynote speaker, mentor and facilitator
and most recently launched her Awake Academy; an online self-empowerment platform
with the desire to awaken people to detach from fear, take control and design a life
they love. Layne is an ambassador for various charities, a passionate environmental
campaigner, Chairperson of Surfing Australia and an Officer of the Order of Australia.
|Antonia Mercorella, CEO, REIQ
With the knowledge you expect from a lawyer and the sense of humour you wish
your lawyer had, Antonia Mercorella knows a thing or two about real estate. For the
last 16 years, she’s headed up legal counsel for the industry’s peak bodies in South
Australia and later in Queensland, where she’s also served as Chief Executive Officer
for the last six years.
As the Real Estate Institute of Queensland’s (REIQ) first female CEO, and its youngest,
Antonia has transformed the 103-year-old Institute into one of the most progressive and
high-profile industry associations in Australia. Backed by a 20-year legal and executive
management career, Antonia has led and shaped some of the most significant real
estate legislative reforms across multiple jurisdictions while her ability to lead and
develop advocacy programs has drawn national and international attention. In fact,
Antonia’s negotiation and stakeholder management skills are legendary and her
counsel is often sought to build effective advocacy programs and improve
Teena Jamieson, Sales Manager, Realestate.com.au
Having over 24 years’ experience in media advertising, Teena’s passion is working
with business leaders, individuals and teams in maximising their digital brand,
property marketing and being at the forefront of change.
Real Estate is a very competitive landscape so having a good mindset, plan and
process is imperative in standing out in this crowded space.
- Date: Friday, 12 March, 2021
- Doors Open: 7.30am
- Breakfast: 8.00am – 10.00am
- Venue: The Marquee, Victoria Park Golf Complex (309 Herston Rd, Herston)
- Price: $89 REIQ members | $149 non-members
- CPD: 30 CPD Points
- Parking: Complimentary parking is available at the venue
* Click here for read terms and conditions
Instructions to book:
- Prices are inclusive of GST. Please ensure you log in using an individual log in, not an agency log in.
- We do not raise invoices for event bookings - you must pay via credit card/debit card at the time of booking. A tax invoice will be issued on receipt of payment.
- To book multiple tickets, first click 'Register Myself' and then 'Register Someone Else' then you will be able to register on behalf of others in your Agency.
- Tickets will not be issued for this event - your name will be on the guest list at registration.
- The event is free seating, so you will be able to choose where and who you sit with.
If you have any questions or need assistance booking, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 MYREIQ (1300 697 347)