The Real Estate Institute of Queensland (REIQ) proudly recognises the enormous value women bring as leaders and decision-makers in a range of fields within our industry. In conjunction with International Women's Day, we are excited to host our signature Women in Real Estate event for 2022 at the picturesque Rivershed, located at Howard Smith Wharves.
2022 is set to be the best WIRE event yet, with Emma Isaacs, Founder and Global CEO of Business Chicks delivering the keynote address including an audience led Q&A. Emma was a business owner by age 18, a property investor by 19 and a self-made millionaire by 23.
Emma Isaacs has entrepreneurship and achievement in her DNA. As founder of Business Chicks - a thriving global community that operates on two continents in eleven cities - her team produces more than 100 events annually with past speakers including, Sir Richard Branson, Sarah Jessica Parker, Diane Von Furstenberg, Kate Hudson and Arianna Huffington, among others. Emma is also the author of bestselling books Winging It and The New Hustle as well as a mother to six kids aged 12 and under, and as a committed philanthropist, has now raised more than $13 million for various charities.
Claire Higgins, Chair of REI Super will be addressing the flow on effect gender pay gaps have on women's super and how you can close this gap before retirement.
With over 20 years as an executive, Claire's determination and ambition has carved her path into the board rooms of numerous corporates, including government, private and NZX listed organisations.
Charity Raffle Information:
Sarah Powell, CEO of Pink Hope will be talking about the charity Pink Hope, what they do and who they support as well as her personal story as a breast cancer survivor.
WIRE 2022 are very excited to be supporting an amazing women's charity through an on-site raffle on the day of the event.
Pink Hope was founded in 2009 by Krystal Barter, a women's health activist, speaker and author, who was inspired by her own family's experience with cancer. Pink Hope is a preventative health hub that gives the community tools to assess, manage and reduce their risk of breast and ovarian cancer, while also providing personalised support for at-risk women.
There will be some extraordinary prizes up for grabs, and all for such an important cause, so make sure you purchase some tickets so you don't miss out!
Date: Friday, 11 March 2022
Doors Open: 12.15pm
Luncheon: 12.30pm - 3.30pm
Venue: Rivershed, Howard Smith Wharves
5 Boundary St, Brisbane City
Individual Price: $169 REIQ Members | $189 Non-Members
10 Ticket Price: $1690 REIQ Members | $1890 Non-Members
Getting There: Secure Car Park can be accessed via the entrance at 5 Boundary St. It is recommended to pre-book parking online for a cheaper rate. HSW has accessible drop off points at 5 Boundary St that can be utilised by cars, vans, Ubers and taxis. Other options include drop off locations on Bowen Terrace, allowing access via the West lift or East lift.
The City Hopper and Cross River ferry now stop at the new Howard Smith Wharves ferry terminal. Please check Translink for timetables.
Due to the recent floods in Brisbane, changes in transport and parking availability may have occurred. Please check with individual travel and parking options near Howard Smith Wharves for the most up to date information.
* Click here to read our full terms and conditions
REIQ will comply with all Government directions, orders and regulations relevant to attending live events, which may be in place at the time of the event. REIQ will comply and adhere with the legal and contractual requirements imposed by external venue providers in line with Government directions, orders and regulations at the time of the event.
Under the Queensland Government’s Health Direction, from 17 December, only fully vaccinated people or a person that has evidence of a medical contraindication, will be able to enter hospitality and event venues within the Howard Smith Wharves precinct.
Queensland Government requires Howard Smith Wharves to check proof of vaccination or evidence of medical contraindication from all guests when entering events at our venues.
The Direction provides that proof of COVID-19 vaccination or evidence of medical contraindication (printed or electronic) includes:
- written confirmation of COVID-19 vaccination provided to the person as part of the vaccination process such as a record of vaccine card; or
- vaccination information displayed on the Check in Qld app; or
- a COVID-19 digital certificate or printed vaccination certificate from the Australian Immunisation Register; or
- an online or printed immunisation history statement for COVID-19 vaccination, including confirmation of a medical contraindication; or
- an International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate.
When completing a group or multiple person booking, you take full responsibility of ensuring all attendees booked under the booking adheres to the event terms and conditions of this booking, in particular COVID-19 regulations relating to vaccinations.
No refunds will be granted should an attendee be denied entry to the event due to a breach of the event terms and conditions or non-compliance with government health directives.
Instructions to Book:
* Prices are inclusive of GST.
* Please ensure you log in using an individual log in, not an agency log in
* We do not raise invoices for event bookings. Payment via credit card is required at time of booking. A tax invoice will be issued upon receipt of payment
* Tickets will not be issues for this event, your name will be on the guest list at registration
* Please email email@example.com should you wish to be seated with another individual registration
* To book multiple tickets, first click 'Register Myself' and then to book others in your agency click on 'Register Someone Else' before proceeding to checkout
* If booking multiple tickets or groups of ten (10) under a single booking name, please email the full guest list to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 18 February 2022
If you have any questions or need assistance booking, please contact email@example.com or call 1300 MYREIQ (1300 697 347)