The REIQ offers the Commercial Series in Property Management to both newcomers and existing professionals seeking to establish and continuously develop their skills as commercial specialists. The Commercial Property Management series is designed to provide a solid basis of skills and knowledge that can be used as a reference guide for your career in the commercial sector.
Commencing with the foundation course “Introduction to Commercial Real Estate”, this series encompasses acquiring and commencing a new management, retail leasing, lease and retail management, preparing financial and management reports and operations management.
The course will be delivered over a total of four days and in two parts. Part 1 on 3 and 4 August and Part 2 on 12 and 13 September 2023.
Having held senior commercial property management roles with Jones Lang LaSalle and Colliers International & DTZ, Michelle has excellent insight into the needs of her clients and their customers. She is highly regarded for her industry knowledge and expertise in commercial, industrial and retail property management. Michelle holds certifications with the Property Council of Australia, Institute of Public Accountants and the Queensland Building Services Authority.
Part 1: 3 and 4 August 2023
Introduction to Commercial Real Estate
'Introduction to Commercial Real Estate' provides a solid foundation of knowledge of the commercial sector, and of the unique nature of commercial transactions. The commercial property market is now very accessible to private owners and investors. This course allows you to understand the mindset of your clients, which in turn enables you to establish how to best service those clients.
The course explains:
- Who chooses to invest in commercial property
- Why do they choose to invest in commercial property
- How do these investors make money from their commercial property investment
Attendees will gain an understanding of key terminology and processes connected to:
- The Market;
- The investors objectives;
- Commercial Precinct.
Acquiring and Commencing New Management
This module (specific to those practicing in the Real Estate profession) is about ensuring the handover of your new a commercial
property is implemented as smoothly as possible. This module adds to your Commercial Property Management Reference
Guide by providing examples of:
- Property Manager's job description;
- Management submission;
- Property occupations Form 6;
- Templates for property management handover checklists;
- A master structural detailed inspection checklist.
Instruction is provided in the use of these documents along with the process of acquiring new management. The class considers the skills required of the manager and the agency. We look at innovative steps to generate listings and to be aware of the market. We then prepare for the meeting with our prospective client. The various elements of retail, office and industrial properties are detailed in the module and to review from your Reference Guide when you need it.
Part 2: 12 and 13 September 2023
This module provides for ample explanation of retail law, definitions and jargon. From the "how to" to the "must do" the information provided will be a valuable addition to your commercial management guide. Depending on individual circumstances you may file, "How to determine market share" away for a later date but rely on the 'retail forms workshop' immediately. We will discuss the state of play of the current market, tenancy mix and franchise tenants.
Retail Property Management
The key topics, with standard letters and checklists, include:
- Lease obligations during and at the end of the lease;
- Breaches of lease and recovering outstanding rent;
- Rent reviews;
- The assignment of lease procedures;
- Conducting a retail inspection
The manual also includes chapters on evaluating a tenancy mix, and the key factors in Business and Marketing Plans together with a sample Retailer Manual.
Preparing Financial and Management Reports
We cover the legal aspects of reporting together with:
- Budgeting, including worksheets;
- Preparing a management report, including a sample;
- Financial management and recovering arrears;
- Preparing outgoings reconciliation.
This module provides attendees with an understanding of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 and its impact on:
- Asbestos and fire protection;
- Calling for tenders and engaging contractors;
- Conducting inspections and understanding Building Services.
We look at the Building Energy Efficiency Disclosure Act, Green Lease obligations, and other government initiatives that impact on the operating costs of commercial property.
Dates and time: Part 1: 3 and 4 August 2023 | 9am - 4pm
Part 2: 12 and 13 September 2023 | 9am - 4pm
Venue: Eatons Hill Hotel - 646 S Pine Road, Eatons Hill
Price: $900 members | $1,120 non-members
Includes morning tea and lunch
Parking: On-site parking available
CPD: 100 points
Accommodation: Available at the venue. Secure your reservation early to avoid disappointment. Brisbane North Accommodation - Eatons Hill Hotel
* Click here to read our full terms and conditions
Instructions to Book:
* Registrations are non-refundable from the time of purchase
* Prices are inclusive of GST.
* Please ensure you log in using an individual log in, not an agency log in
* We do not raise invoices for event bookings. Payment via credit card is required at time of booking. A tax invoice will be issued upon receipt of payment
* Tickets will not be issues for this event, your name will be on the guest list at registration
* Please email email@example.com should you wish to be seated with another individual registration
* To book multiple tickets, first click 'Register Myself' and then to book others in your agency click on 'Register Someone Else' before proceeding to checkout
If you have any questions or need assistance booking, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 MYREIQ (1300 697 347)