Do you have a very good understanding of Form 6 and the responsibilities that go with it? If not, then this webinar is for you.
As a property agent, you must not do anything for a client until they appoint you in writing. Basically, Form 6 is a service agreement between
you and the client. It sets out the rights and obligations of both parties including the services you will provide; any limits, restrictions or conditions
on your services; the commission, fees and expenses that the client will pay you for your services; the due date (or dates) for each payment; and,
an end date (for a sole or exclusive agency). Sounds straightforward, so what could go wrong?
Tune in to this must-see webinar presented by Katrina Beavon – Legal Counsel, Real Estate Institute of Queensland along with Michael
Gapes, Partner, Carter Newell Lawyers to learn more about your statutory obligations and legislative compliance, entitlement to
commissions, terminating a Form 6 agreement, essential terms and conditions and other additional annexures.
|Michael Gapes, Partner, Carter Newell's
Michael is a Partner in Carter Newell’s Financial Lines group, where he specialises in
defending professional indemnity claims across a broad range of industries including
the property sector, representing real estate agents, valuers, surveyors and other
property industry participants.
In addition, Michael has had considerable experience in defending management liability
claims as well as employment practices liability claims.
Katrina Beavon, Legal Counsel, REIQ
Katrina Beavon joined the Real Estate Institute of Queensland as Legal Counsel and
Company Secretary in 2019 where she also oversees industry compliance via the
peak body’s Property Management Support and Agency Advisory Services. Since
her admission into the legal profession in 2011, Katrina has advised clients across
a wide range of property transactions, including residential sales, commercial sales
and leasing, preparation of mortgages and other security agreements.
Book your tickets now!
- Date: Wednesday, 09 June, 2021
- Time: 10am to 11am
- Price: $19 for members | $39 non-members
- CPD: 20 CPD Points
Instructions to book:
- After you've registered for the event, you will receive an email with the link to access the webinar.
- To get your CPD points, you need to attend at least 30 minutes of the webinar.
- Prices are inclusive of GST. Please ensure you log in using an individual log in, not an agency log in.
- We do not raise invoices for event bookings - you must pay via credit card/debit card at the time of booking. A tax invoice will be issued on receipt of payment.
- To book multiple tickets, first click 'Register Myself' and then 'Register Someone Else' then you will be able to register on behalf of others in your Agency.
If you have any questions or need assistance booking, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 MYREIQ (1300 697 347)