Be prepared! The new tenancy laws represent the most significant rental legislative reforms in Queensland in more than a decade.
This must-watch recording will deliver practical and comprehensive training for property managers and principals with a rent roll, to help prepare for and navigate the new rental laws.
Key topics will include:
• New termination grounds for fixed-term tenancies
• Critical changes to periodic tenancies
• Minimum housing standards
• Domestic violence provisions
• Emergency and repair orders
What attendees will learn and gain:
• An overview of the new laws and when they commence
• How to make variations to Form 6 appointment forms
• How to complete new property management documentation and forms
• Access to new template correspondence for owners and tenants
• How to complete General Tenancy Agreements in accordance with the new laws
• New special terms and conditions for General Tenancy Agreements
• Communication strategies and tips
• Transitional provisions
Time & date: Online access
Price: $70 for Members | $140 Non-Members
CPD: 40 points
Instructions to book:
- After you've registered, you will receive an email with the link to access the video recording.
- To receive the allocated CPD points, complete the CPD pending request form located at the bottom of your 'My CPD Status' Page
- Please ensure you log in using an individual log in, not an agency log in.
If you need any assistance securing your virtual ticket, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 MYREIQ (1300 697 347).
Katrina Beavon - General Counsel, REIQ
Kat Beavon joined the Real Estate Institute of Queensland as Legal Counsel and Company Secretary in 2019 and was promoted to General Counsel and Company Secretary at the end of 2021. She is an accomplished lawyer who practiced in a variety of areas of law for almost a decade with a focus on property, commercial and securities law. Kat is a dedicated and invaluable member of the REIQ Senior Management Team that strives to deliver excellent services to our members and the real estate industry in all aspects.
Connie McKee - PMSS Advisor and Senior Trainer & Assessor, REIQ
Connie McKee’s real estate career spans four decades as a practitioner and over two decades as a qualified real estate trainer and assessor. Connie feels real estate touches everyone’s life and it is a privilege to be able to help clients and customers navigate through the sales and rental experience. She’s been a director of three highly successful real estate businesses specialising in all aspects of residential property management and sales. She currently has her own property business focusing on selling, buying and residential property management advice. She is a founding member of the REIQ Property Management Support Service and a highly regarded property management speaker and trainer.