Developed especially for Property Management professionals, the Property Management Masterclass series will focus on the issues
PMs face both day-to-day, and in their careers.
The December Property Management Masterclass: Risk Management and Safety Awareness will cover:
Risk Management with Michael Gapes
- Case studies in relation to tenant maintenance claims
- Case studies involving compensation claims by owners arising from inadequate inspections and inspection reports
- Best practice tips to avoid mismanagement claims
Hazard and Safety Awareness
Smoke Alarms Safety Awareness with Maryke Olivier
- Property Manager’s duty of care
- Smoke alarms maintenance and compliance regulations
- Smoke Alarm Solutions risk-mitigation service and background
Pool Safety with Sue Crozier
- Pool safety responsibilities of Property Managers, landlords and tenants
- Tips for avoiding pool safety fines
- Pool safety checklist for Property Managers
You will also have the opportunity to ask questions.
|Michael Gapes, Partner, Carter Newell's
Michael is a Partner in Carter Newell’s Financial Lines group, where he specialises in defending
professional indemnity claims across a broad range of industries including the property sector
(real estate agents, valuers, surveyors and other property industry participants), the health
care sector, brokers, accountants and financial advisers. He has also defended many insureds
before disciplinary tribunals and investigations, as well conducting the defence of numerous regulatory proceedings.
He has extensive experience in dealing with directors’ and officers’ liability claims and has been
involved in some of the largest and most high profile D&O and class action claims in Australia,
both as defence and coverage counsel.
Michael regularly provides training and risk management advice to his insurer clients and various
industry organisations, as well as providing advice on policy drafting and interpretation as well as
best practice advice and compliance with legislation.
Maryke Olivier, Account Manager, Smoke Alarm Solutions
Maryke Olivier has enjoyed an extensive career in the exciting Real Estate industry and has been
with Smoke Alarms for almost 3 years as the Account Manager for the Gold Coast region.
Maryke has a keen interest in the property market along with an understanding of daily tasks
as a property manager, including the high demands and deadlines they must meet.
When Maryke is not at work, she loves keeping fit, enjoying fine wine and spending quality
time with her family and friends.
Sue Crozier, Senior Pools Investigator, QBCC
Sue has many years’ experience investigating complaints about pool safety inspectors and also
pool owners who fail to get certificates when required.
Sue is also regularly available to help local governments on the application of the pool safety
standard and legislation, with regard to their role in enforcing pool safety compliance in their
Book your tickets now!
- Date: Wednesday, 09th December
- Time: 10am to 11am
- Price: $19 for members | $39 non-members
- CPD: 20 CPD Points
Instructions to book:
- After you've registered for the event, you will receive an email with the link to access the webinar.
- To get your CPD points, you need to attend at least 30 minutes of the webinar.
- Prices are inclusive of GST. Please ensure you log in using an individual log in, not an agency log in.
- We do not raise invoices for event bookings - you must pay via credit card/debit card at the time of booking. A tax invoice will be issued on receipt of payment.
- To book multiple tickets, first click 'Register Myself' and then 'Register Someone Else' then you will be able to register on behalf of others in your Agency.
If you have any questions or need assistance booking, please contact email@example.com or call 1300 MYREIQ (1300 697 347)